Premier Financial Credit Union offers a variety of Health Savings Accounts.
Certificate of Deposits
You must meet certain requirements to be eligible for an HSA (Health Savings Account); most importantly, you must be covered under a high deductible health plan (HDHP). An HDHP generally has lower premiums than other types of health plans, but also has higher deductibles. Until your deductible is met, you must pay for all your medical expenses - expect for preventive care, which is almost always covered. Assuming your HDHP is HSA - compatible, you can use your HSA assets to pay for these expenses.
• Savings tool with investment earnings
• Flexibility to pay current medical expenses or save for future needs
• Tax-deductible contributions
• Tax-deferred earnings
• Tax-free withdrawals (if used properly)
• Balance carries over from year to year
• Remains with you, regardless of change in coverage or employment
For more information on Health Savings Accounts please contact our member service department.